By Chef Dominic Tedesco
Summary: Chefs Bob Fromage and Dominic Tedesco make a crisp summer salad topped with grilled skirt steak and shrimp.
Cooking time (duration): 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
- ½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 16oz Low-Carb Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Salad Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic
- 1 Tsp. ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp. Hoison Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- ¼ Cup Green Onion
- Skirt Steak
- 8oz. Large Shrimp
- 2 Large Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 1 Large Green Pepper
- 2 small Zucchini
- 6 Asparagus Stalks
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Small pineapple
- 12oz Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- In large mixing bowl combine; rice wine vinegar, salad oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ground ginger, lemon grass, sriracha, chopped ginger, and hoison sauce.
- Whisk ingredients until well mixed
- Place skirt steak in ziploc bag, and add marinade into bag
- Add shrimp to another ziploc bag, adding marinade as well.
- Place both bags into refrigerator and let sit
- Prepare vegetables; slice vegetables into large pieces and prepare to grill
- Place vegetables in large baking pan
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Season vegetables with fresh oregano and salt. Place in refrigerator and let marinade for an hour
- Remove steak and shrimp from refrigerator, place skirt steak and vegetables directly on grill
- Prepare boiling water in pot with pinch of salt, add in pasta
- Chop up Romaine Lettuce, and place in salad bowl.
- Slice heirloom tomatoes, chop cucumber, and dice fresh pineapple.
- Add to salad bowl and toss well
- Remove Vegetables from grill
- Remove skirt steak from grill after Medium Rare to Medium is reached
- Take some of each grilled vegetables, chop into cubes and add to saute pan
- Add olive oil to pan, with a pinch of salt.
- Add pasta to vegetables in saute pan, mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Slice steak into 1/2″ thick pieces, and place on top of salad
- Place shrimp on grill and cook evenly on both sides
- Place shrimp around sides of salad
- Place pasta and vegetables in large serving bowl. Garnish with parmesan cheese
- Place grilled vegetables on rectangular serving plate, garnish with light drizzle of olive oil
- Place salad in large serving bowl, top with sliced skirt steak and shrimp.
Original recipe and video at ChefLive.com