By Chef John Simmons
Summary: Delicious Bacon Wrapped Dates are sweet, salty and hot; quick to make as finger food for party.
Prep time and Cooking time (duration): 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Thickly sliced bacon
- 8 dates
- 8 smoked almond
- 1/2 bottle of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- Regular blue cheese
- Chili oil
- Olive oil
Get out these items and utensils: Knife for chopping, 2 frying pan, tooth pick
Get from your pantry: Olive oil, Sugar, Chili oil, Dates, Wine
Get from your refrigerator: Bacon, Blue cheese
Pre-prepare the following:
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Place smoked almond in place of pits.
- Wrap dates with bacon slice and insert tooth pick.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Lay the dates wrapped in bacon in the frying pan and fry them till it gets crunchy.
Prepare the syrup sauce
- Heats the pan and pour wine in it.
- Sprinkle sugar in it.
- Sprinkle a pinch of grounded black pepper.
- Reduce the wine till it gets little thick like syrup. Typically cook for 4 minutes or so.
- Lay the fried bacon wrapped dates in the plate.
- Pour syrup sauce on it.
- Sprinkle blue cheese on it.
- Splash some chili oil on it.
- Serve hot.
Original Recipe and Video at ChefLive.com