by Chef Thomas Trevethan and Chef Luciano Pelligrini
This Banana Pudding is the luscious and creamy desert topped with cinnamon ice cream and dry caramel sauce having aromatic flavors of cinnamon and vanilla.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Prep time and Cooking time (duration): 20 minutes
Ingredients for Banana Pudding
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Substitute
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Cinnamon ice cream
Get out these items and utensils: Knife, 1 sauce pan, baking sheet, pastry bag
Get from your pantry: cinnamon .oil, sugar, vanilla bean, sugar substitute
Get from your refrigerator: butter, cream, milk, bananas
Pre-prepare the following:
- Pre-heated oven 300 degrees
Prepare Banana Pudding:
- Peel bananas and place in mixing bowl with sugar.
- Blend in standing mixer
- Mix in the remaining dry ingredients and oil, and continue to mix on medium speed
- Place pudding mixture into a plastic pastry bag and squeeze into silicone mini cupcake mould on a baking sheet.
- Put water in bottom of baking sheet, so silicone mould is resting in a water bath.
- Place puddings into pre-heated oven 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Prepare Dry Caramel:
- Split vanilla bean open and scrap. Add vanilla bean to hot pan with sugar
- Caramelize sugar until a nice amber color, add in cream and butter to deglaze pan
- Stir constantly to prevent burning. Once well mixed, remove from heat and set aside
- In serving bowl, place banana pudding in center of plate.
- Drizzle with dry caramel sauce
- Top with cinnamon ice cream
- Garnish with cinnamon stick
Original repice and video at ChefLive.com